D&L is a family-owned feed store that has been in business for over 30 years. We provide a wide range of livestock and small animal feeds, as well as lawn and garden products. Watch this video to learn all about D&L Farm and Home.
A great D&L employee will be:
- All About Ag – Have an appreciation for the agriculture world.
- Serve One, Serve All – Treat all customers equally and seek to give them the BEST customer service.
- Be a Name Knower – Build relationships with customers.
- Be an AgXpert – Whatever your job, learn the skills to be the BEST.
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including recruiting, hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Google Applications (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- At least one year of human resource management experience is required.
- Personal Time Off
- Employee Discount
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Retirement Savings Account