Looking for a reliable employee to help from mid-February to June/July in the D&L Farm and Home Nursery. Work schedule will typically be 11 AM – 7 PM on some week days and Saturdays 8 AM – 5 PM.
D&L is a family-owned feed store that has been in business for over 30 years. We are looking for a person with horticulture experience that is able to assist customers, answer related questions and perform various duties and responsibilities in the nursery and greenhouse. The person filling this position must be hardworking, reliable and conscientious with good customer service skills.
A great D&L employee will:
- Serve One, Serve All – Treat all customers equally and seek to give them the BEST customer service.
- Be a Name Knower – Build relationships with customers
- Be an AgXpert – Whatever your job, learn the skills to be the BEST.
- All About Ag – Have an appreciation for the agriculture world we share our love with.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcome customers by greeting them; offering them assistance
- Direct customers by escorting them to areas of the nursery and greenhouse; suggesting items
- Advise customers by providing information on products
- Help customers make selections by building customer confidence
- Perform tasks and duties to keep nursery and greenhouse clean and presentable
- Work to keep nursery and greenhouse plants stocked and properly labeled
- Responsible for watering and maintenance of the plants
- Load plants and other garden products into customer vehicles
- Unload plants and other products from delivery trucks
- Complete required training and education
- Perform other duties as assigned, helping to improve customer satisfaction and sales
JOB REQUIREMENTS & PREFERRED SKILLS
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions
- Plant, gardening and/or previous nursery experience is preferred
- Verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively, professionally, and courteously with customers & co-workers
- Ability to work independently and as member of a collaborative team
- Must be able to bend, lift, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move items up to 50 lbs